Friday, May 15, 2009

I wanna help all thouse starving children

The last couple days in Socials we have been talking about wealth. And stuff like that. We took a quiz to show our carbon footprint, and if everyone lived like me we would need 3.9 earths!!! Oh how privileged are we!! On the human development index, a rating of wealth and such, we are 3rd!! Out of 179! What the heck. I was also looking at World vision.children available to be sponsored through WorldVision.ca And i was looking at kids we could be sponsored through World Vision. This is a picture of a 5 year old girl named Adam. Even as you look in her face you can see the need. the hurt. It make me so frustrated when we have so much and the rest of the world lives on next to nothing. I don't know about you but something seem wrong here. And i want to fix it.

4 comments:

Craig said...

you are an amazing girl!

emii said...

Hey Alexandra,
What an awesome blog! And I know what you're saying...
I'd really love to help those waaay worse of than us, too. When God hears us whining, that we need more money to buy an iPod or something -- He must be thinking, kid, you don't know how good you have it...

xox emily

samanthamillar said...

i love your heart, alexandra! youre a remarkable little lady. i know its nothing drastic that you can do, but, what ive been doing is making myself aware all the time that i have so much... the other day i went to winners and bought a dress for 35... and its not expensive in our culture, but i was struggling with it, because its just one more dress to me, but that is worth a year of living for a family... so i took it back! not because i wanted to donate the 35$ but to make myself aware.. i dont need it. i want it, but i dont need it and i will do without it. its just... challenging our cultures mindset, and i think if we can habitually and constantly remind ourselves to not live in excess, thats a good start. i love you. lets go for coffee and think up a fundraiser ok? xo dolly

Sam. said...

Alexandra, you are amazing! I love that someone your age is taking a real good look at our world and the way we sometimes take advantage of what we have. A lot of youth today just don't care and the fact that you blogged and are speaking up, it just shows how big of a heart you have. I love you!!